Types of Car Charging Stations
Searching for the nearest car charging stations to you? When you drive an electric vehicle from Porsche Omaha, convenient charging is naturally a priority. It’s important to know where you can plug in so that your drive (and day) go uninterrupted.
The Different Levels of Car Charging Stations
Before determining where to charge, it’s a good idea to understand what type of charging you need. There are three main levels of charging.
They are mainly set apart by the speed it takes for them to fill your battery. Also, there are different ways you can access each of these chargers.
- Level 1 charger – a 120-volt charger that provides approximately five miles of range per hour of charging. Your standard home outlets are Level 1 chargers.
- Level 2 charger – a 240-volt charger that provides approximately 18 to 28 miles of range per hour of charging.
- Level 3 charger – also known as a direct current fast-charger (DCFC), this type of charger tops off an empty battery in approximately 30 minutes.
Where Do I Go to Charge?
Once you’ve determined what type of charging you need, you’ll want to determine where to charge. We’ve broken this down into charger types as well because the charge type dictates where car charging stations can be found.
- Level 1 chargers – use a traditional outlet that can be plugged in anywhere you have a compatible power source.
- Level 2 chargers – can be found at most public charging stations. You can also have a Level 2 charger installed by a licensed professional at your home.
- Level 3 chargers – are only found at select public charging stations.
There are lots of helpful apps and websites that help you locate the charging station closest to you. Reach out to our Porsche dealership in Omaha, NE and we’re happy to help make sure you’re set up for convenient electric driving!